Israel is in the midst of another battle against the Hamas terror group who rules in Gaza. The English name, Operation Protective Edge, does not really translate the Hebrew. Tzuk Eitan is better translated as Resolute or Firm Cliff. Israel’s 1948 Declaration of Independence called Adonai – The Rock of Israel. Adonai is the only hope for Israel to come through victoriously.
Israel is at war to protect its own citizens against a demonic entity that places the citizens of Gaza in situations where those who reside in Gaza could be killed by Israel. The demonic entity in Gaza is using civilians as shields by storing their rockets and other weapons among civilians in areas such as houses, mosques, hospitals, and schools. Therefore, when Israel proactively defends its own citizens by firing rockets at military targets (such as these weapons storage areas) in Gaza which are in the civilian areas, civilian casualties occur, in addition to the casualties among the terrorists. Thus the world ends up seeing Israel as the bad guy.
What does this means? Israel absolutely needs your prayers. Adonai will protect Israel, but He wants you to have a part.
We will praise Adonai … regardless of how we feel or what circumstance we find ourselves in. We are encouraged in Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 33:11 to
- “Praise Adonai of hosts, for Adonai is good, for His mercy endures forever”— and of those who will bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of Adonai. For I will cause the captives of the land to return as at the first,’ says Adonai.”
Therefore, in the midst of our prayers for Israel, we do praise You, Adonai, regardless of how we feel or what circumstance we find ourselves in.
We bless You for being the same, yesterday, today and forever:
- “For I am Adonai, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.” (Mal’akhi [Malachi] 3:6)
- “Yeshua HaMashiach is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)
Thank You, Adonai, that You are not a man who lies, nor the son of man who changes his plans, but that which You have said, You shall do – that which You have spoken, You will bring to pass
- “Adonai is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” (B’midbar [Numbers] 23:19)
We believe what Your Word declares, that regardless of what happens, You are still in control!
- “Adonai has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all.” (Tehillim [Psalms] 103:19)
Hodu l’Adonai ki tov, ki leolam chasdo. Give thanks to Adonai for He is good, for His loving care based on His commitment to His covenant endures forever. Israel may say how their foes have increased, but in Adonai is their deliverance!
- Adonai, how they have increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are they who say of me, “There is no help for him in Adonai.” Selah. But You, O Adonai, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head. (Tehillim [Psalms] 3:1-3)