Israel’s ground troops have entered Gaza. Take time to declare the praises of Adonai, the God of Israel, and remind yourself that nothing takes Him by surprise. Thank Adonai for His constancy.
- Moreover the word of Adonai came to me, saying, “Yirmeyahu, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.” Then Adonai said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.” (Yirmeyahu [Jeremiah] 1:11-12)
The Hebrew words for almond and for watching are from the same root, which explains the meaning of these verses. Moreover, the almond is the first tree to flower in the early spring and also the last to bear fruit, reflecting the need for us to be patient in watching with Adonai to see Him fulfill His word.
Thank You Adonai, that You are not sleeping. Thank You that You are watching over Your word to perform it. Thank You that Your word is living. Thank You that You are the guardian of Israel.
- Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. (Tehillim [Psalms] 121:4)
Adonai, do not cast off Your people, nor forsake Your inheritance.
- For Adonai will not cast off His people, nor will He forsake His inheritance. (Tehillim [Psalms] 94:14)
Thank You that You have not forsaken Your grafted in people (those who believe in Yeshua Ha Mashiach) either. Thank You that we can be safe in knowing Your name and Your nature. You are merciful, just, righteous, and compassionate. Blessed be the name of the Lord most high.
- This is the day Adonai has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Tehillim [Psalms] 118:24)
- The name of Adonai is a strong tower the righteous run into in and they are safe. (Mishlei [Proverbs] 18:10)
The IDF ground forces objectives in Gaza is to destroy the infrastructure of Hamas and the tunnels which have been built to enable them to launch terrorist attacks against Israel.
Last week’s Torah portion includes B’midbar (Numbers) 31:49 which was at a time of warfare for Israel:
- And they said to Moses, Your servants have taken a count of the men of war who are under our command, and not a man of us is missing.